Prerequisites and Requirements
- All Zerto for Kubernetes components communication occurs using HTTPS, over port 443.
- Helm Package Manager, minimum version 3.
- A storage class must be specified and set as the default prior to Z4K installation.
- Cluster security policy should allow creation of privileged pods.
- Zerto for Kubernetes containerized applications also consume storage:
- Zerto Kubernetes Manager: 3 GB
- Zerto Kubernetes Manager Proxy: 1 GB
- Keycloak Database: 2 GB
- A storageClass with VolumeBindingMode of type "WaitForFirstConsumer" is needed for Zerto to work with persistent volumes.
- The environments storage should support volume mode using Block ("VolumeMode: Block").
Recovery Site Volume Bind Requirements
- Zerto recommends that you set the recovery site StorageClass to "WaitForFistCustomer" volume bind mode.
- Each recovery VRA has specific volumes that must be bound to it.
- If using "immediate" volume binding mode, the volume might be created on a different node and once the VRA POD is created, it would have to move to that node.
- If the system doesn't allow the PV to move freely between nodes, the VRA POD won't come up.